Charity Fundraising Helps Veterans Groups
2016 Raffle offers Henry Rifles & a Diamond Necklace
Only 1000 raffle tickets will be sold for the opportunity to win a Henry Repeating Arms “Big Boy” rifle in .45LC caliber, a Henry Repeating Arms “Golden Boy” rifle in .17HMR caliber from Double H Guns or the 18K gold moonstone with a crescent of diamonds necklace from Westley’s Jewelry, valued at $2,465.
For more information call Anita Ness at 701-391-5980 or Trish Hulm at 701-390-6034. Make a direct donation to our K9s For Warriors campaign.
Raffle tickets are $20 and are available at:
- Mandan Sporting Goods
- Country Soule in Bismarck
- All Dakota Community Bank locations – in Mandan, Bismarck and Lincoln
Tickets also available by mail. Send check or money order along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Trish Hulm, Mandan Rodeo Raffle, 6615 71st Avenue NE, Bismarck ND 58503.
Live and Silent Auctions Help Fundraising Efforts
A highlight of the Patriot Night rodeo performance is the live auction which features several quality items including an original oil painting by artist Deb Knuth which was featured on this year’s rodeo poster, plus two guitars—one signed by the performers at Prairie Knights Casino and the other a commemorative guitar
honoring Little Yellow Jacket and Joe Berger Bucking Bulls. Joe Berger is being inducted into the ND Cowboy Hall of Fame this year and Mandan Rodeo Days want to congratulate him.
Another item on the live auction is a pair of Justin boots donated by Walton Scoreboards and Justin Boot Company. The final items for the live auction are two pairs of concert tickets -two tickets for the Kenny Chesney concert on July 28 at the State Fair in Minot. And, Farmers Union Insurance donated two tickets to the Keith Urban concert on October 6th at the Bismarck Event Center .
Silent auction items:
- Buffalo Trace Whisky Barrel from Captain Jack’s
- a gas-to-charcoal grill from Lowes,
- a stand-up beer cooler & Weber coal grill from Jerome Distributing
- Keith Urban concert tickets from Farmers Union Insurance
- a pair of tickets to the Sawyer Brown concert at Prairie Nights on July 9
- a set of tools from Mandan Fastnal
- a Western queen comforter set in red
- many assorted themed gift baskets
- a North Dakota products basket from Suzy Q’s
- Pendleton items from Republic Distributing,
- a signed and numbered print of a buckskin mustang from North Dakota artist Wayne Pruse
- several gift cards to our local eateries.
Local radio station swag is also included in some of the gift baskets. Items are added to the silent auction every day.
Previous fundraising efforts by the rodeo included $25,000 for Wounded Warrior Project in 2014; $14,000 for the Wounded Warriors in 2013; $10,000 for the Wounded Warriors in 2012; $6,000 for Soldier Angels and Service Dogs for America in 2011 and $5,000 for Salute America’s Heroes Coalition to assist injured veterans in 2010.