The Mandan Police Department shares information regarding parking and traffic flow for Fourth of July activities to help assure safety and alleviate congestion.
[one_half padding=”0 40px 0 10px”]
- Parking on Main Street will be prohibited from 1 a.m. on July 4 until after the parade is over later that afternoon. Vehicles parked on Main Street during this time will be ticketed and towed at the owner’s expense.
- The Street Festival Events will begin at 8 a.m. on Main Street prior to the parade. The parade departs Dacotah Centennial Park at approximately 10:30 a.m., arriving on Main Street at about 11 a.m.
- Traffic in bound from I-94 into Mandan will begin to be detoured from Main Street at 7:45 a.m. Memorial Highway also will be closed from Third Street SE to Main Street at 7:45 a.m. Motorists traveling south of Mandan should plan to do so prior to 7:45 a.m. to avoid time delays and inconvenience.
- After the parade begins, traffic traveling to the north and/or south of Mandan will be extremely limited with the possibility of long time delays in travel plans until the parade is over.
Free busing. The Mandan Independence Day Parade Committee, with sponsorship from Edgewood Vista, is providing free busing for spectators from multiple locations in Bismarck and Mandan. You can take chairs on the bus plus any items you pick up. Busing runs continuously from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Simply wait in the bus loading area until the next bus arrives. Bismarck busing sites are the Bismarck State College library parking lot, Bank of North Dakota and the Bismarck Elks Lodge. Busing is also available from the Mandan Middle School located north of I-94 exit 152 on Sunset Drive.
Information about the parade can be found at www.mandanparade.com.
The parade chairs are Mandan Progress Organization volunteers Marlo Anderson and Dennis Friesz.
[one_half_last padding=”0 10px 0 40px”]
Mandan Rodeo July 3-4
The Mandan Police Department will be using some “one-way” traffic patterns to expedite the flow of traffic from the rodeo grounds:
- East only —Traffic leaving via Longspur Trail and Redwing Drive will be directed to the east on Memorial Highway. Drivers will also have the option of proceeding east on Longspur Trail as far as 32nd Ave. SE, then north to Memorial Highway. That traffic will only be allowed to proceed to the east on Memorial Highway.
- West only — Traffic via Longspur Trail and then 24th Ave. SE will be directed to the west on Third St. SE, or north to Memorial Highway and west on Memorial Highway.
McDonalds is planning to shut down the frontage road that goes east from its parking lot. Do not try to use this area to exit onto Memorial Highway or you may wait for a prolonged period as traffic by on Memorial Highway.
July 2-4 Fireworks Regulations
The possession, use, discharge, or explosion of fireworks, excluding bottle rockets, is permitted between the hours of noon and 12:00 a.m. on July 2-3, and from noon July 4 to 2 a.m. July 5. Violations are punishable by a fine of $75. Bottle rockets are prohibited.